Although technological advancements have led to life-changing innovation in recent years, the first two decades of the 21st century have already witnessed two global recessions, socio-political strife, severe resource/income inequality, and massive environmental degradation. We live in times where exciting growth opportunities coexist with existential threats to current and future generations, but businesses cannot fully exploit opportunities and sustain their success without addressing the threats.
In today’s brave new world, we need brave new thinking that creates a WIN-WIN-WIN scenario wherein individuals, organizations, and humanity at large can thrive together.
But how? The most common cry these days is to shun shareholder centric capitalism and replace it with a more inclusive model that caters to the needs of a wider set of stakeholders including future generations and the environment. In this half-day program, Rajeev Peshawaria will challenge this view and argue that the solution lies in reinventing leadership and governance, not capitalism. Instead of changing and/or strengthening the rules and regulations governing market mechanisms, we need a change of beliefs and behaviors towards collective values and higher purpose. In short, we need a whole new leadership and governance model – one that embraces stewardship.
As a result of attending this program, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize how the world has changed dramatically in recent years because of technological, social and pandemic-related shifts.
- Appreciate why a stewardship-centric approach is essential in this new normal.
- Apply a stewardship-centric approach to governance, leadership and management.
- Be aware of the roles played by senior management and the Board in a stewardship-centric company.
Who should attend?
- Board of Directors
- Senior Management
- Anyone who might find this program helpful