This program is designed to equip directors especially those sitting on bank risk management committees with a clearer understanding of their roles and responsibilities. It will provide a broad overview of the different bank risks in addition to Bank Negara Malaysia’s regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations with respect to the oversight of such risks. It will also explore the regulatory financial and disclosure requirements whilst comparing and contrasting issues related to risk management in the banking industry. The program will highlight and emphasise the critical role of risk management oversight that is expected of bank directors.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the key elements and principles of the regulatory risk management framework;
- Gain understanding on the common pitfalls that lead to risk management failures;
- Learn the key risk indicators and ratios, and how to provide oversight in managing them;
- Learn how to read risk reports and to ask the right questions.
Who Should Attend?
- Members of Risk Management Committee
- Board of Directors
- Anyone who might find this helpful
Anthony is a Chartered Banker with the Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Banking and Finance. He attended the Advance Management Program in the Wharton School of Business from the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Anthony graduated with a Master Degree in Applied Finance from the Macquarie University, Australia and was a registered securities dealer with the Australian Financial Markets Association.