Associate Professor of Supply Chain and Management
Area of Expertise:
Supply Chain Management
Dr. Asad has worked full time in the industry for over twelve years in various supply chain IT, telecom and e-commerce projects, leading to his teaching interests in the areas of predictive and prescriptive analytics, software systems, data modelling and corporate supply chain responsibility.
His primary research has been in the areas of sustainable sourcing and supply chain responsibility. He has worked extensively with food and agricultural supply chains with Multi-National Corporations, NGOs, government organizations and agencies such as United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and SWIFT partnering with around 20 companies, 15 of them in food and agricultural sector.
With a team of 30 research officers, field managers and consultant agronomists, he has been working with SMEs and small farmer communities to design supply chains that are socially responsible, environmentally sustainable and economically viable.
Dr. Asad received his Ph.D. in 2011 from Southern Methodist University Dallas TX, USA in Operations Research, Master in Computer Science from Arizona State University Tempe AZ, USA and Bachelor of Architecture (Honors) from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
- Ata, A. (2020, January). Oil Palm Independent Small Farmer Sustainability Journey through P&G CSS Work, MIMOS, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, December). Oil Palm Supply Chain Traceability and Mapping, P&G Leadership – University Tun Hussien Onn Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, September). Oil Palm Supply Chain Traceability and Mapping, P&G Leadership – University Tun Hussien Onn Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, September). Sustainability in ASEAN, MIT/DTGO Roundtable, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Ata, A. (2019, August). RSPO Smallholder Academy Master Training Workshop, The P&G Smallholder Program, Medan, Indonesia.
- Ata, A. (2019, July). Sustainable Sourcing for Palm Kernel Oil Supply Chain, Booth and Poster presentation, International Congress for Conservation Biology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, June). Challenges for Independent Small Holder Farmer Commitment to Sustainability, Presented at the Launching of Center for Sustainable Small-Owners, Johor, Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, April). Improving Livelihood through Yield Intensification for Independent Smallholder Farmers, Presented for the P&G Smallholders Program, Livelihood Improvement Initiative Workshop with Multiple Stakeholders, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, March). Responsible Sourcing for Palm Kernel Oil Supply Chain – through Traceability, Transparency and Accountability, Presented at the Research Seminar, Asia School of Business, Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, March). “Doing What is Right” How a global commitment to sustainability translated into true partnership and meaningful collaboration through a successful supply chain Engagement, Presented at AMCHAM’s CSR Committee Sharing Sessions, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Ata, A. (2019, February). Opportunities and Challenges with First Mile Logistics Services in Agriculture, Presented at Asian Development Bank’s, Logistics Workshop for National Integrated Logistics Plan for India, New Delhi, India.”
- Khakdaman, M., Lagoudis, I., & Ata, A. (2014, July). On-shelf availability strategies: Analyzing alternative models to assure product availability in high density areas, Presented at the 19th International Symposium on Logistics, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
- Kouma, P., Ata, A., & Lagoudis, I. (2014, July). Cold chain service providers: An evaluation framework”, Presented at the 19th International Symposium on Logistics, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.