In today’s cybersecurity landscape, the only secure system is one that is unplugged, turned off and in a locked room. However, since it is clearly not practical to leave our systems turned off or shutdown, it is critical that we understand the risks our systems are exposed to and take the necessary measures to defend them.
This program is designed to help participants understand, assess and take a proactive posture in cybersecurity; and understand why cybersecurity is a board level responsibility, and how to manage and mitigate cyber risks.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Learn the anatomy of a cyber-attack;
- Gain knowledge about the threat environment including the latest trends in cyber-attacks;
- Gain understanding on requirements from different regulators pertaining to IT, data protection, etc.;
- Gain understanding on how to map security obligations by role across the organisation;
- Provide directors with handles on what to look out for in overseeing cybersecurity risks;
- Learn takeaway tips for protecting company and personal information.
Who should attend?
- Directors of financial institutions
- Anyone else who may find the program helpful
Should the Covid situation worsen and infection rates rise, we may resort to conducting the programs online or via a hybrid mode. In the event that that happens, please rest assured that participants will be notified ahead of time.
Clement Arul is Chief Executive Officer of Kaapagam Education Services Sdn. Bhd. He is a national and regional award-winning Cybersecurity Professional with twenty-two years of IT experience in security, ethical hacking, cyber security framework, security risk and governance, systems analysis, big data, IoT, design, development, secure coding, implementation, digital forensics and project management. Clement is a security consultant for many multinational and leading IT companies in the APAC region. He is also a frequent speaker at security events in APAC.
He has received the following awards and recognition for his work:
- IFSEC Global Top 20 Cybersecurity Professionals 2020, IFSEC Global, UK
- APAC Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2020, 2019, and 2017, Global Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
- Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017, 2014, National Cyber Security Awards, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), Government of Malaysia
FIDE Elective: Understanding the Cybersecurity Landscape
9.00am – 5.00pm