The Research Assistant vacancy is a temporary role to support the Faculty members in data collection, research and analytics.
DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract of 3 months.
The Research Assistant will play the following role:
- To collect data on U.S. bond yields, U.S. GDP growth, U.S announcements of nonfarm payrolls, and other data as requested by Faculty members;
- To perform Principal Components Analysis of data on bond yields and shall perform the rotation of the resulting components as specified by Faculty members;
- To estimate impulse responses by local projections and calculate the necessary statistics for inference.
Qualification & Skills
- Bachelor Degree and above, experience in social science research is an advantage.
- Good command of English and Malay (spoken and written).
- Proactive and able to work dynamically in a team.
- Skills : Data and statistical analyses.
- Programming skills : R, Matlab, Stata, Python, Julia (optional)