Postdoctoral Scholar – Center of Technology and Strategy
DETAILS OF POSITION
The Center of Technology and Strategy (CTS), endowed by Sapura Energy and housed at the Asia School of Business in collaboration with MIT Sloan School of Management serves to be a leading focal point on studies of business strategies in emerging markets and their socio-political environment. This includes research interest in energy markets, innovation and technology. Our current research projects include understanding advanced technology adoption in Malaysian manufacturing, as part of the Work of the Future – Global Research Network project in collaboration with MIT, and perceptions on energy sustainability in Malaysia. We encourage research proposals from the postdoctoral scholar in areas related to energy, sustainability, innovation and technology, or business strategies in emerging markets. The scholar is also expected to play an active part of the research activities of the Center of Technology and Strategy and the Asia School of Business as a whole. This includes assisting in the flagship research project of the Center of Technology and Strategy and other research projects around the focus area of the research center. As a newly established research center, the scholar is also expected to also assist in building the foundation of the research center for the future. The Asia School of Business (ASB) is a collaboration between Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and MIT Sloan School of Management. The establishment of this world class graduate business school in Kuala Lumpur offers both degree and non-degree programs to serve the needs of Malaysia, ASEAN, South Asia, China, and parts of the Middle East and Africa, and contribute to the advancement of the emerging world. ASB was formed in 2015.
DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract of 12 months, from August 2022 or earlier if mutually agreed upon.
The remuneration will be internationally competitive.
LOCATION OF WORK
Following the lifting of restrictions, the location of work is expected to be at the Asia School of Business campus at the heart of Kuala Lumpur, unless movement restriction is imposed. Flexible work arrangement can also be arranged. An office space is also available for the scholar, located at the CTS itself.
The postdoctoral scholar for the projects will play the following role:
- Perform independent research to expand the research capacity and intellectual
contribution of Center of Technology and Strategy and Asia School of Business as a whole.
- Actively participating in the research activities of the research center – including flagship
- Assisting in various activities of the research center, including presentations and hosting
- To assist in building the foundation of the research center for the future.
Qualification & Skills
The ideal candidate is able to perform independent research, while willing to participate in building the foundation and setting the future of the research center.
- Graduated in PhD in economics, sociology, political science, finance, management and other related fields, having graduated within the last 3 years. Current PhD candidates who will graduate by the estimated start of contract are also welcomed to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in working on issues related to the emerging economies.
- Good command of English.
- Proactive and able to work dynamically in a team.
- Willing to travel if required by research projects.
- Willing to assist in research center activities, including hosting seminars and building the foundation for the research center.
All applicants should provide their CV, examples of publication and a three-to-five page letter to motivate why they are interested to join the Center of Technology and Strategy, how they can contribute to the research focus of the center and outline potential research topics.
Please submit application to Dr Renato and Zhai Gen at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of November 2021 (Malaysia Time, UTC +8).