IT Infrastructure & Helpdesk Executive
The IT Infrastructure & Helpdesk Executive supports the Operations Support of Infrastructure (Systems and Networks) and Helpdesk Functions of Information Technology department in ASB.
- Oversee overall infrastructure and helpdesk services to ASB’s stakeholders
- Provide effective maintenance and support of network systems and equipment: routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers, bandwidth shapers, proxies, DHCP, etc.
- Perform server room and network support to meet standards for uptime, projects, scheduled maintenance, system backup / recovery and fallback procedures.
- System Administration & Support – Active Directory, WIFI, Office365, Domain Management, Hosting Environment of Applications and website on AWS
- Apply, maintain and improve security-related systems (Antivirus endpoint systems, IPS, IDS, web security) and security access groups for user profile / account management and all network components.
- Assess, troubleshoot and address servers’ maintenance and issues including operating systems installation and upgrading, configuration and fine-tuning.
- Perform daily IT helpdesk support tasks (Desktop-Software & Hardware & LAN, WIFI, MACOS-X) and carry out duties diligently and promptly to ensure continuity and minimal disruption.
- Coordinate and maintain a log of request activities of the Help Desk via software Spiceworks, be able to prioritize service requests according to importance, i.e., emergency, immediate, high priority, moderate, general or suggestion
- Define, prepare and update technical IT documentation – to update and document all data Centre documentation, network architecture documentation and configuration settings and operating equipment inventory list.
- Synchronize IT Procurement and Overall IT Inventory & propose replacements, repairs, renewals, subscriptions , improvements and assist vendor management.
- Maintain and support primary administrative application systems- to support applications servers (including hardware and operating software)
- Maintain and support IT-related data communications installation (both hardware and software) –WAN installation, configuration & support i.e. Firewall, Router Configuration; Dedicated Lease Lines services; Internet etc.
- Perform technical, functional and integration testing and carrying out capacity analysis and system evaluation.
- Provide general support to all IT infra, AV & helpdesk setup related tasks in classrooms, internal and external events & meetings.
- Carry out system and network related projects, participate and coordinate with vendors to ensure timely project delivery.
Qualification & Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent with minimum 4 years working experience of relevant work.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in network/system administration capacity.
- At least 1-2 years of extensive hands-on experience in infra systems/network equipment (router, switch, VLAN, DNS, firewall, Wireless AP, NMS) configuration, setup and integration work.
- Have prior IT Server and Network Infrastructure and Helpdesk Support experience in an education institution environment.
- Experience in Helpdesk services to students, Admin staff, and Academic staffs with regards to IT problems in offices, classrooms, and Hostel etc.
- Good Technical Knowledge in Enterprise Network Environment and Cisco grade operating environment and familiar with mixed Windows and Mac operating environment.
- Proficient in PC/Mac hardware & software
- Experience in the general operation & maintenance, installing and troubleshooting & supporting all computer hardware and software in the Campus
- Good knowledge of Data Center/Domain and Cloud Hosting, IP addressing, complex subnet masking, routing, application/network protocol operation, host-to-host communications, data transfer, routing strategies, and network management.
- Strong administrative ability in supporting projects, detailed oriented, excellent planning skills
- Able to multi-tasks & handle multiple projects at one time & Leads projects, motivate team and supervise work of others.
- Possess strong analytical skills, good interpersonal/communication skills, strong sense of responsibility & able to work independently.