On a global scale, directors and senior management of public listed companies are now facing mounting pressure from investors, regulators, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders to be proactive in evaluating competitive threats and understanding the current disruptive market trends. This includes environmental, societal and governance concerns.
Directors and senior management play an important role in shaping the organisation’s critical stakeholders – overseeing and ensuring that the strategy and risk management practices meet the needs of stakeholders and drive shareholder value.
This program will explore what sustainability is; global trends relating to sustainability; and why it is important for the board and senior management to prioritise sustainability. It will also discuss current requirements of the Bursa’s Listing Requirements as well as the Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance. Attention will also be given to some of the possible challenges of implementation plus the role of the board in providing oversight of sustainability issues.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize risks and opportunities in providing oversight of sustainability issues;
- Understand regulatory expectations and requirements under Bursa’s Listing Requirements and Malaysian Code of Corporate Governance;
- Apply knowledge acquired to better engage with management on sustainability issues;
- Support management in instilling the kind of culture needed to make sustainability an ingrained part of their organisation;
- Recognize challenges that may arise in the implementation process.
Who Should Attend?
- Board of Directors
- Senior Management
- Anyone who might find this program helpful
Sustainability and Its Impact on Organizations: What Directors Need to Know
6 JULY 2022
9.00am – 1.00pm
This course will be offered digitally.