The Nominating Committee is one of the key committees of the board and mandatory under both Bursa Malaysia listing requirements and Bank Negara Malaysia rules for regulated financial institutions. The NC deals with important matters such as board and board committee composition; nomination of directors; succession planning for directors and key management; assessment of director independence; board and director evaluations; and may also have a broader corporate governance mandate.
However, often the NC meets infrequently and adopts a “box-ticking” approach to discharging its responsibilities that falls far short of the expectations of external stakeholders and do not contribute to a well-governed and managed company.
In this 1-day program, participants will be exposed to leading practices relating to the responsibilities of nominating committees. The program will be highly interactive, with extensive use of real-life case studies and realistic scenarios. The cases and scenarios explored will span a range of companies – government-linked, family-controlled and widely-held companies, and both financial and non-financial services companies.
At the end of the program, participants will be better equipped to:
- Determine the appropriate board and board committee structure and composition;
- Apply a formal search and nomination process, including use of board skills matrix;
- Assess the suitability of directors and director independence;
- Manage the situation of an unsuitable director;
- Respond to shareholder requisitions to appoint or remove directors;
- Understand common pitfalls in board culture and dynamics and how to mitigate them;
- Build constructive board-management relationships;
- Plan for succession of directors and key management;
- Undertake effective board and director evaluations;
- Understand emerging issues in Nominating Committees.
Who should attend?
- Board of directors who sit on Nominating Committees
- Chairmen of board of directors
- Anyone who might find this program helpful
Should the Covid situation worsen and infection rates rise, we may resort to conducting the programs online or via a hybrid mode. In the event that that happens, please rest assured that participants will be notified ahead of time.
For every 2 pax who register from the same organization, there will be a 40% discount for the second participant i.e. fee will be RM1,500.
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com