This unique course will show participants that in order to succeed in their trajectory to success, firms must understand their overall evolutionary journey from their early start-up, nailing days all the way to becoming large sustainable and profitable firms. The course is based on practical case studies written by Prof. Loredana and Prof. Fine and provides:
- A very practical intra/entrepreneurial survival kit for mature firms that want to re-nail/invent itself
- 10 tools for scaling new projects, initiatives, branches, start-ups, etc
- An Entrepreneurial Personality Test to map the optimal place in the evolutionary journey of each individual.
- A guide to transition successfully from early start-up “nailing” days defined by speed and frugality, to effective “scaling” defined by growth and agility and later on mature and profitable “sailing” companies defined by endurance and sustainability.
This very original framework was taught several times in MIT programs, as well as at ASB for numerous companies across Asia. Prof. Loredana Padurean also has a very popular TedX talk on the topic.
- Understand how companies evolve and the implications involved
- Understand the tools required to prepare for entering a new stage of growth
- Understand the kind of employees needed for each stage of growth
Prof. Dr. Loredana Padurean is the Associate Dean at the Asia School of Business, a collaboration between the Central Bank of Malaysia and MIT Sloan School of Management, and also holds an appointment as International Faculty Fellow at MIT Sloan. At ASB Prof. Loredana has been one of the key “nailers” behind the establishment of the school, and, in particular, has directed development of the globally recognized action learning program at ASB.
She is a global entrepreneurial academic with a track record of program, school, and intellectual leadership for multiple degree program business units, and she has been an international keynote speaker in the United States, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. Her most recent research, “Nail it, Scale it, Sail it,” focuses on understanding the evolution of start-ups to scale-ups to sail-ups. Prof. Loredana has an MA in Communication and Economics and a PhD in Management from USI Switzerland.
Associate Dean and Faculty Director for Action Learning.
International Faculty Fellow at MIT
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Entrepreneurship, Management, Strategy, Organizational Development
Middle and Senior Managers, Company Founders.