This is a basic corporate governance program that will explore the role and function of the board – who are its stakeholders, what are its fiduciary duties to shareholders as well as obligations to other stakeholders. Distinction between the different kinds of directors within the board will also be made. In addition, it will also look at the structure of the board – the role of the Chairperson, company secretary and board committees including Audit Committee, Nomination and Remuneration Committee and Risk Management Committee. It will also consider the broader issues of board composition and dynamics, and key factors that are required in building a high performing board.
- Understand role and responsibilities of the board as a whole
- Understand the distinction between different kinds of directors
- Understand structures within the board including the role of board committees and the role of the Chairman
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of individual board members
- Learn the key factors needed in building a high performing board and board committees
She heads the team that is responsible for the running of a whole host of corporate governance programs including the Financial Institutions Directors’ Education (FIDE) programs, the Mandatory Accreditation Program (MAP), the Money Services Business Directors’ Education Program (MSB-DEP) and the Shariah Leaders Education program for shariah committee members of Islamic financial institutions. Gillian is the Lead Faculty for MSB-DEP. She also teaches in the Pathway to a Governance Practitioner Program (namely the Risk Management module) and other custom-built programs.
Senior Director of Corporate Governance
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Corporate Governance, Risk Management
Anyone who wants to understand how a board works and the roles and responsibilities of the board.
Note: this program will run only with sufficient numbers. If you have registered, you will be notified in due course