AV Network Specialist
Responsible for managing, setting up, installing, operating, testing and troubleshooting audio and video network infrastructure for the ASB classroom and ASB events. Strong can do attitude and good people skills are required. The AV Network Technician reports to the IT Director.
- Manage and support AV – LAN and WAN Network devices.
- Implement approved AV Network changes in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Analyze and diagnose AV network problems for a variety of users.
- Recommend corrective solutions to be applied to AV network hardware or software.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Assist other groups in troubleshooting problems that require packet analysis or performance review.
- Create, publish and maintain up to date and accurate AV Network documentation.
- Installing network hardware components and cables.
- Identifying and eliminating bottlenecks to ensure long-term network efficiency.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with the AV WIFI network.
- Ensuring the AV network operates securely.
- Providing technical support to co-workers.
- Collaborating with other members of the IT team and management.
- Performing necessary upgrades to the network infrastructure as needed.
- Experience in operating IP based Audio-Visual equipment are added advantage
- Assist the AV Team for setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting audio and video network and equipment which includes set up and install AV network equipment such as core switches, IP decoders, microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as meetings and conventions, presentations, and conferences.
- Communicate and working closely with BNM AV team on ASB AV network requirements
- Classroom support is from 8am to 6pm operations.
- Work during weekend and out of office hour support is required.
- Set up and connect computers to existing AV networks & audio/video facilities
- Ensure AV network is setup according to requests in a timely manner
- Setup presentations, teleconferencing, web conferencing for classrooms and events
- Test, troubleshoot and resolve AV network equipment issues.
- Clean AV network equipment and store properly.
- Ensure the safe storage, transfer and shipment of AV network equipment.
- Maintenance of AV equipment & AV network switches/WIFI APs- Asset Management, Loan request procedures, AV equipment procurement, usage, servicing and repair.
- Manage license renewal of AV network license software – e.g. switch firmware
- General IT Helpdesk support to IT Infra / Helpdesk team if required.
- Recommend controls and enhancements & new solutions where/whenever necessary
- Any other duties as may be instructed by the management from time to time.
Qualification & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or IT & electronics in digital media technology or equivalent with minimum 2 years working experience of relevant work.
- At least 2 years of experience in network/system administration capacity.
- 1-2 years of extensive hands-on experience in infra systems/network equipment (router, switch, VLAN, DNS, firewall, Wireless AP, NMS) configuration, setup and integration work.
- Previous Exposure to operating, support & maintenance experience in audio visual software/hardware setup in Live production house, studio, recording rooms, auditoriums, theatre or school/university campus environment is most preferred or will be added advantage.
- Expertise in Zoom, MS Team Meeting, Office365 apps, Powerpoint, Skype, Webex and PDF presentations or similar technologies is a big plus.
- Good Knowledge of current audio/video technology to help grow ASB’s AV support expertise in operations.