Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Position Level: Senior Executive
Reports to: Director of MSc Central Banking
Department: MSc Central Banking
A Teaching Assistant (TA) at ASB is an academic appointment that provides support from pre-class, during class to post-class for ASB and MIT Sloan faculty. He/she independently and proactively completes work requirements for the faculty members from administrative and class set-up arrangements to supervise and may mentor students.
Through an experience as a Teaching Assistant at ASB, you will have an exceptional opportunity to develop your organisational, communication skills and broaden your knowledge base on action learning and, business schools disciplines. If you are considering a teaching career, a TA experience at ASB will allow you to build up your teaching portfolio and/or pedagogical skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**)
The primary responsibilities of the teaching assistant are to:
- Manage and assess learning platform providers for effective training delivery
- Prepare relevant class documentation, distribute the approved class syllabus to the students
- Coordinate class set-up from equipment to announcing class events
- Maintain MOODLE and relevant sites for the course prior to the class
- During Class
- Holding office hours to meet with students, monitor class activities, mediate between students and faculty, supervise and mentor students, as needed
- Maintain MOODLE sites for the course during class
- Assist to connect students to resources
- Coordinate with Faculty, Registry and MBA Office for students grading and examinations, upload grades to MOODLE
- Assist the accreditation activities
Qualifications & Skills
Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years’ work experience.
Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and/or interest in optimization, data modelling, and/or quantitative analysis. Candidate with research and academic experience would be desirable. Strong interest in academic writing.
3 to 5 years’ direct experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Interest in working in a very high pace environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information with substantial impact.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent research skills with proven record.
- Capacity to conduct research independently.