Program Coordinator, MBA for Professionals
Job Title: Program Coordinator, MBA for Professionals
Position Title: Senior Executive
Department: MBA for Professionals
As a member of the program delivery team, the Program Coordinator works collaboratively with teams across ASB to deliver a world-class programmatic experience for MBA for Professionals students in Asia School of Business. The Program Coordinator is responsible for five primary workstreams related to the student logistics and the co-curricular experience:
(1) On Boarding
(2) Operational Logistics,
(3) Student Wellness,
(4) Co-Curricular and Student Engagement and
(5) Ad Operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**)
- On Boarding and Matriculation: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for leading the on-boarding of new admits to the MBA for Professional program. This role will be the primary liaison from the Executive Education Program Office that will work with the Admissions and Registry teams on the admit to student transition. This individual will also lead the logistical planning of orientation and pre-semester course preparation.
- Day-to-Day Student Life Logistics: The Program Coordinator will be the student interface with regards to non-academic student logistics. He/she will serve as the primary liaison with the Hospitality team regarding housing issues and other logistical matters relating to catering and transportation of students, where needed.
- Student Wellness: In order to ensure student success in the program, student mental and physical well-being is the utmost priority. As such, he/she will be responsible for administrative management of the counselling services process and assisting the Director of MBA for Professionals Program in ensuring counselling effectively meets the needs of students.
- Co-Curricular Activities, Student Engagement, and Culture: The Program Coordinator is responsible for fostering a co-curricular environment of the MBA for Professional program that results in a positive and unique ASB specific culture that supports the mission and values of the school. This role liaises with student government and student clubs in ASB to solicit feedback on how to improve the MBA for Professionals experience. The individual will utilize various technology assets to ensure students are informed and aware of programmatic details that help the maximize their MBA for Professionals experience.
- Operations: Work with inter-department staff to improve operational systems, processes and policies to support management reporting, information flow and management, business processes and organizational planning.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a program-related support capacity in the education sector or experience providing high quality customer service;
- Strong proficiency in organisational and event management;
- Exceptional communication skills – communicates clearly, enjoys writing, trustworthy and engaging;
- Close attention to detail and accuracy, takes initiative, adaptable and resourceful.