Personal Assistant cum Executive Assistant
Job Title: PA cum Executive Assistant
Position Level: Manager
Provides administrative support and works collaboratively to provide confidential administrative and secretarial support to the Asia School of Business’ Board of Governors (BoG), in compliance with regulations and standards. Supports the BoG in the administration and operation of organizational change and development initiatives, projects, and activities that further the goals of ASB and its strategic goals and objectives.
Executive Assistants are responsible to ensure smooth-running of the BoG’s activities, working both on a one-to-one basis with the executives to a wider basis with internal and external clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**)
The duties outlined below are not comprehensive but it should provide a guide on the overall support the PA cum Executive Assistant is expected to provide to the Board of Governors:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the BoG including; managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; copying, reviewing outside mail, scanning and filing documents, screening phone calls and visitors, updating Outlook contacts, maintaining executive files, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
- Provides assistance and represents the BoG, as appropriate, in communicating with internal and external customers;
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans;
- Independently researches, prioritizes, and follows up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the BoG, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response;
- Manages the confidential information and support needs for various initiatives, workgroups and special projects including, but not limited to the Board of Governors Team meetings, Senior Management Team meetings, Management Team meetings, Board of Directors meetings, and various project teams by:
- Coordinating participant and facilitator schedules.
- Arranging meeting rooms, resources and planning for consultants, workgroups and meetings, whether on ASB premises or offsite.
- Compiling and preparing meeting materials, equipment and resources.
- Confidential preparation, distribution and record keeping of session notes and documentation.
- Makes travel arrangements for the Board of Governors to conferences, seminars and related travels, as requested.
Qualifications & Skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (quantitative field preferred) with a minimum A1/A* in SPM Mathematics or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information accordingly is crucial in this role
- Demonstrated success where personal results and accountability are evident
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills are essential
- Proven experience of collaborating with cross-function departments