Manager of Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center
As the Manager of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center (IEC) at Asia School of Business (ASB), your primary responsibility is to manage the projects and programs of the department. One of the key missions of ASB-IEC is to act as a catalyst in building a thriving innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia and the ASEAN region. To achieve this, you will work closely with IEC team members to create and manage entrepreneurship programs and initiatives that support the development and growth of ASB student entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- ASBhive is an exciting new initiative launched by IEC. It is an Innovation Hub that aims to support and foster entrepreneurial activities by providing a range of services, including thought leadership, world-class infrastructure, and comprehensive resources to entrepreneurs, start-ups, and innovators in Malaysia and beyond.
- MBA Entrepreneurship Courses and Programs provides our students with a one-of-a-kind learning experience in the field of entrepreneurship. As part of this program, students have the opportunity to explore the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship firsthand, through a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on experience. IEC is responsible for working with faculty, coaches, and various departments to plan, execute, and facilitate these courses. This involves designing and implementing curriculum, coordinating field visits, organizing guest speakers, and providing ongoing support to students.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
Support the Director / Assistant Director in Project / Program manage the various activities organise/co-organise by IEC. This includes:
- Planning and coordinating events and programs – researching and developing project plans and timelines
- Creating and managing budgets, monitor financial performance, arranging logistics and ensure that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently
- Working closely and maintaining relationships with a range stakeholder, including ASB faculty, staff, students, and external partners (entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, and community partners).
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Center’s programs and services, and recommend changes as needed.
- Preparing reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders to communicate the Center’s activities and impact.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience, or Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience in the field of business administration, entrepreneurship, innovation or related field
- Experienced working in an innovation and entrepreneurship center, co-working spaces, start-up accelerator or related organization.
- Demonstrated experience in project / program management, budgeting, operations, marketing and communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and maintain relationship with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop and implement innovative solutions.