Job Title: IT Executive- Application
Position Level: Executive
Reports to: IT Director
Date: Nov 2018
As the IT Executive, the primary responsibility is supporting the IT Application team in carrying out a multitude of different IT Application tasks as well as getting exposures to a range of cross-functional project work and IT initiatives.
The IT Executive acts as the first line of technical support to users of the School’s business systems including the Student Information System (Oracle Campus Solution) and ERP (Oracle Fusion Cloud), Learning Mgt System e.g. Moodle, CRM-Salesforce, Student recruitment-Slate, website maintenance and support.
The responsibility of the role is to provide dependable and timely resolution to technical application issues, escalating when necessary to the vendor development team hence the incumbent to be self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to provide a high level of internal customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class technical support services.
The role contributes significantly to application services function key deliverables to deploy or upgrade Peoplesoft CS modules/Image and Introduce new system, extend ERP cloud modules like Budget/Planning-Performance Management and other cloud modules and integrations to AP etc.
In addition, all system interfaces to be enhance for other applications e.g. Salesforce, Slate with ERP/SIS; Payment gateways as well as digitization of process initiative e.g. using Sharepoint/workflow etc.
The IT Executive reports to the IT Director and has functional reporting to the IT Application-Senior Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**)
- Provide administration and support in IT application, conduct user requirement study/ system analysis / test / implementation using SDLC methodology.
- Perform hands-on programming work, conduct project management and planning and time management.
- Develop report, enhance UI/UX in enterprise application support and able to lead in a technical team for certain projects;
- Deliver functional expert in SIS/ERP/Salesforce/Slate/Moodle modules and technical administration and configuration
- Act as the main in-house support for the PeopleSoft Campus solution-SIS and Oracle Fusion Cloud
- Receive and provide solutions to incident tickets, inquiry calls and email from end users
- Provide first line of technical support to users
- Log and track problems, inquiries and service request, liaise with vendor and other IT personnel to initiate escalation procedures for problem resolution
- Perform systems testing and collaborate with Functional and Technical teams to identify and resolve defects
- Handle administrator role for User creation, role assignments, and password resetting.
- Train users in related systems and modules
- Produce weekly/incident/summary reports that provide management input for project progress, key problem areas and potential user training requirements.
- Improve Processes by applying new system process in Enterprise based applications;
Registry/Finance-SIS and Finance-ERP Fusion, Admission-Slate, CD/AL-Salesforce, Faculty/Registry-Moodle to name a few. To maintain & create documentation detailing IT Processes.
- Perform coding and manage database structure.
- Manages AWS hosting of SIS application & website infrastructure environment
- Support and create ASB Intranet for Staff and Student and ASB Community Portal via Sharepoint and Office365 tools/apps.
- Manages ASB Website deployment and maintenance;
- Manage existing and build / introduce new ASB Automation process for ASB depts.
- Work alongside the IT Executive, IT Manager, and IT Director in generating reports, identifying and analyzing project objectives/KPIs, if needed to assist in IT/AV setup for ASB events.
- Provide customised end-user documentation & conducts in-house User training.
- Recommend controls and enhancements where/whenever necessary.
- Any other duties as may be instructed by the management from time to time.
Required Skill and Competencies
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent with minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Skilled in Delivery of application system solutions to meet both business/operational needs by applying system development methodology:- Requirement definition at process and system level and convert to system/process design; Design new programs and integrate processes; apply quality mgt like coordinate execute testing, evaluate impact of integration, change control mgt and maintenance/support
- Experience in enterprise system study, Integration feasibility and impact analysis, design, planning, UAT, training, implementation and support of business application / enterprise RDBMS is essential;
- Minimum 1-2 years of working experience in supporting any Student or Campus Information system, Oracle Fusion systems or any equivalent ERP systems.
- Experience in Web development services or enterprise application design and development using .NET Platform, Java, SQL/Oracle Server & Linux operating environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding in Application Design, Database Design, Database Administration and User Interface Design is an added advantage.
- Good Project Management Skills, strong administrative ability in supporting projects, detailed oriented, excellent planning skills
- Strong functional knowledge and strong skills in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions modules (SR, Campus Community, advisement and Student finance) and/or Oracle Fusion cloud system and/or other ERP systems.
- Possess strong analytical skills, good interpersonal/communication skills, strong sense of responsibility & able to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent team work skills, coaching & monitoring skills.
- Customer focused.
- Proficient in SQL, XML Reporting, Microsoft .NET, MS-Sql, People Soft Query, PeopleCode, App Engine or PeopleTools, BI publisher, EXCEL TO CI, PHP, HTML.
- Strong time management and project management.