Director of Executive Education
The Asia School of Business was established by the Central Bank of Malaysia in collaboration with MIT Sloan School of Management in January 2015 with the mission to become a premier school of management in Asia, recognized for its ability to develop transformative and principled leaders who will contribute to a better future and to the advancement of the emerging world. The vision of ASB is to be a global knowledge and learning center infused with regional expertise, insights and perspectives of Asian and emerging economies.
The Director of Executive Education is charged with marketing and overseeing the delivery of a portfolio of non-degree executive education and training programs at ASB. The Director will work with the Dean to identify faculty and programs at ASB and MIT Sloan that could be used to build out ASB’s portfolio of executive education programs, in addition to being responsive to other program opportunities as well. The Director will have responsibility for promoting the programs to individuals and companies, primarily using corporate outreach but also digital media and other marketing techniques as appropriate. These programs are envisaged to be financially self-sufficient, with participant fees sufficient to pay for all resources directly used for each program beginning in year one; and subsequently participant fees covering its overhead after two years. The programs are expected to be of a world-class quality and to further build the reputation of ASB. One of the greatest challenges in the job to be able to both comprehend client needs and understand faculty capabilities with a process that iterates between the needs and the capabilities to deliver a program design that faculty can deliver and clients will value.
We seek an individual who has had significant experience working in management education for executives. Such an individual might have been a Director or Deputy Director of Executive Education in a top school, or may have been a professor with significant experience in design, coordination, and delivery of executive programs. A successful candidate is expected to:
- Identify and develop relationships with targeted companies, alumni contacts, government agencies, and other sources as appropriate to identify opportunities for ASB executive education programs;
- Collaborate with directors, faculty and staff to develop proposed curriculum for each proposal;
- Oversee the design, marketing, and delivery of a portfolio of executive education programs;
- Prepare annual budget and strategic business plan for ASB’s executive education programs and report periodically on the progress towards agreed upon financial and programmatic objectives;
- Identify, track and share relevant research and trends in the market;
- Maintain current information on leads, contacts, proposals, utilizing the CRM system;
- Ensure that material for various executive education programs in professional way promotes the image and competitive edge of ASB, and manages ASB executive education program material.
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent required;
- Minimum ten years’ experience in the executive education-related roles;
- Excellent oral, written, and communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in market intelligence, research and analysis;
- Project Management skills as it relates to implementing strategic initiatives from conception to implementation.
- The ability to travel and work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and credibly with C-level clients, senior government officials, faculty, and staff on the appropriate design, development, and delivery of programs.
- Ability to project a professional manner with self-assurance, conscientiousness, and confidence in dealing with others.
- A successful track record in either consulting or executive education dealing with high-level client engagements requiring long sales cycles is strongly preferred.
- Broad intellect and keen interest in public affairs and contemporary issues in a wide range of fields.
- Ability to work independently and entrepreneurially to envision, create and implement successful programs.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and a track record of successful project management.
- Regional cross-cultural savviness.